Thursday, July 3, 2008

I'm a Sister!


I've always wanted to belong. I must admit that I've never really felt like I've belonged anywhere.

Now, I'm a Sister. A Sister on the Fly. I have almost 1,000 Sisters. When I received my welcome letter, I actually became misty-eyed. I'm so thankful for Maurrie & Becky. I can't wait to meet them. I live clear across the country in CT, but I just know our paths will cross.

This blog will be used for Sister Events that I attend... I also have My Shasta Blog, where to can read my stories of home life, the Shasta Saga, Family stuff, Crafting & other Jibbah Jabbah.

I have yet to make it to a Sister "Git Together", as my poor little trailer is in pieces. I have a 1968 Shasta Loflyte. I purchased it for $100, only about 8 miles from my house. It was is in terrible condition. I'm restoring it, slowly but surely. I'll mostly leave it stock, but pick some nice vintage or vintage-look fabrics. I love to sew, so I'll be doing all that work myself, too.

I have had a hard time with the framing & stuff. Thankfully I have a DAD. He's helping me :)


Happy Independence Day, my fellow Americans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi - Welcome to Sisters on the Fly.
I'm an East Coast Sister too. #550
I own a 58 Shasta Airflyte, original.

Those of us on the east coast are trying to work on getting more events out here. I'm heading to hillbilly hoedown in Nov.

Dont need to have your trailer finished to join the fun, just ask about cabins an hotels by an event or bunk up with someone.